Chicago Complex High Asset Divorce Lawyers
Are you planning to get a divorce? Does your marital estate include real estate holdings, business and professional assets, complex trusts, retirement accounts and other complex, high value assets? If your answer to these questions is yes, then it is highly advised that you get in touch with the knowledgeable Chicago divorce attorneys at Nottage and Ward, LLP for legal assistance.
When divorcing spouses have high value assets between them, proceedings can become extremely contentious and drawn out because each individual wants to retain their fair portion of the assets involved, yet it is very difficult to determine an equitable distribution of assets. The legal team at Nottage and Ward, LLP is highly qualified to assist in such matters. We have helped many clients in Chicago and the surrounding area bring positive resolution to their asset disputes in an efficient manner.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your own complex high asset divorce case, please don't hesitate to call us at (312) 332-2915.
Our firm has access to a network of business valuation, forensic accounting and other financial experts that help us identify and value complex assets. We have the resources to help you address a broad range of financial issues that often come up in high asset divorce disputes, including:
- Retirement Assets (401(k)s, IRAs, pensions) – We will conduct a comprehensive review of each and every contribution and their source to reach a proper judgment for these funds.
- Business Assets – We will conduct a proper evaluation of any closely-held businesses and help you determine how much reimbursement or award you are entitled to for your share.
- Possible Hidden Assets – Our legal team knows all the signs of hidden assets and will help you expose anything that is being kept from you.
- Prenuptial Agreements and Postnuptial Agreements – We will ensure that the contractual obligations drawn out in your prenuptial/postnuptial agreements are honored.
- Unauthorized Transference – No transfer of property should occur without agreement from both parties before or after a petition for a divorce.
- Complex Property Tax Issues – When dividing a large estate, the number of transactions along with their tax implications can seem innumerable. We will do the paperwork for you.
Certain assets, such as art and antique collections, jewelry and automobiles, can have both financial and sentimental value. Our Illinois complex high asset divorce lawyers will help you evaluate the full value of each asset and make sure you receive your fair portion.
To learn more about how Nottage and Ward, LLP can assist you with your complex high asset divorce case, schedule an appointment for a consultation at our office today. You may fill out and submit an online contact form and we will get back to you in prompt fashion.
- Your Secret Stash of Cash Won’t Be So Secret When Going Through a Divorce
- Here’s Why You Need a Forensic Accountant to Deal with Your Divorce Investments
- Tips To Survive A High Asset Divorce
- Count And Evaluate Your Assets Before Beginning The Illinois Divorce Process
To learn more, click here.
To learn more, click here.
Leslie has been the strongest representation I could ask for
Leslie has been the strongest representation I could ask for in a very complicated, emotional matter. She has continuously looked out for my best interest and the best interest of my son. She is always prompt in getting back to me and in keeping me well informed about my case.
Read More Client Reviews